- Faux fur DIY boot shapers — A super-cute tutorial from The YesStylist. Make your own boot shapers and end the plague of bent boots!
- Get the most out of your tube of mascara — Easy, quick tips from Miss Natty's Beauty Diary for rescuing old mascara and reusing the tubes when there's no more rescuing to be done.
- 9 expert tricks to make your eyes pop — Simple ideas for awesome eye makeup from My Thirty Spot.
- DIY sock bun — Clean sock + five minutes + Hello Giggles tutorial = fluffy hair bun.
- Spa treatments you can make at home — Luscious ingredients like coconut milk and honey whip up into five yummy-sounding treats for your face and body. From Lulu's.
- How to use your printer to make custom nail art — From Oceanside Dreams.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Cool fashion and beauty stuff I found this week:
Thursday, September 27, 2012
The description on Yves Rocher's web site calls it intoxicating and magnetic, with notes of tuberose, vetiver and patchouli in a floral-woody elixir.
Fragrantica's description of the scent is even more appealing:
"...very seductive and attractive, ideal for self-confident women full of power and energy. It is built around the central note of tuberose, which is milky and sweet like honey in the same time, creating this fresh, herbal and fruity composition.
So Elixir Purple opens with bergamot essential oil and continues with opulent tuberose complemented by a strong vetiver note. A base closes with benzoin, vanilla, tonka beans, frankincense, patchouli and woody notes, providing a warm, soft and woody trail."
Unfortunately, my experience with it was a little more like schoolyard memories than seduction. And not even in a "vanilla ice cream and Oreo cookies" way — more in a way that reminds me of the leftover candy flavors that nobody ever wants.